PHASE 3 LIMITED REOPENING – JULY 8, 2020
The health and well-being of our patrons and staff continues to be our highest priority during these challenging times. The library entered Phase 3 of its reopening plan (Limited Building Reopening) on Wednesday, July 8.
ALL PATRONS AND VISITORS MUST WEAR A MASK AT ALL TIMES IN THE LIBRARY BUILDING.
- Outside and inside book drops open for patrons to return library materials.
- Contactless curbside pickup of library materials and printouts by appointment.
- Staff are available for telephone inquiries and to place holds on materials.
- Online chat is available through the library website.
- “Browse and Borrow” service: Patrons may browse and check out books, movies and other library items.
- Computer use will be limited to a maximum of one hour per day.
- Copiers and fax machine are available – staff are able to assist from a distance.
- Patrons can download free books, movies, magazines and music through a variety of services such as Overdrive, Hoopla, Kanopy, Freegal, and Flipster.
Services Not Available
- No in-library programs or community meetings
- No seating, including study rooms
- No play areas
- Outdoor spaces (Terrace and Children’s Garden) are closed
- Returned library materials are quarantined for four days before they are checked in and returned to the collection (no fines are charged).
- Increased building cleaning and sanitizing throughout the day, with special attention paid to high-touch areas such as door handles and computer keyboards.
- A portable sink and hand sanitizing station are located at the front entrance so all patrons and visitors can perform hand hygiene when entering. Hand sanitizing stations are also placed throughout the building.
- All patrons, visitors and staff wear masks and make every effort to maintain social distance of six feet or more at all times.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at service desks.
- HVAC system has built-in fresh air intake as well as high-efficiency MERV-13 filters.