Citizen Science Kit: Observing Pollinators
For this project, identify and count pollinators as they visit flowering plants. Simply observe any flowering plant for less than 15 minutes, count and identify the pollinators that visit the plant, then log data online as instructed to participate in the project.
Citizen Science is ordinary people of any age gathering scientific information locally and sharing it with the global scientific community. Citizen Science is perfect for all ages and great for family activities!
- Binoculars, Case, Laminated Instructions & Cleaning Cloth
- Bee Observer Cards
- Field Notebook
- Mini Clipboard
- Stopwatch & Laminated Instructions
- New York State Tree & Wildflower Guide
- Save the Bees Paperback Book
- The Bees in Your Backyard: A Guide to North America's Bees Paperback Book
- Laminated Kit Activity Guide
- Coloring Sheets (Yours to Keep)
- “Brought to You by Pollinators” Info Sheet (Yours to Keep)
- Data Collection Sheet (Yours to Keep)
- Sunflower Seed Packet (Yours to Plant)
- Valid Longwood Public Library Card in good standing.
- A maximum of one kit from this collection per library card may be borrowed at a time.
- Children’s Kits are available at the Children’s Reference Desk.
- If any item is lost or damaged, the full value of the item will be charged to the patron account.