Citizen Science Kit: Mission Monarch
For this project, help scientists dedicated to monarch conservation across North America. Simply examine milkweed plants and look for monarchs on them.
Citizen Science is ordinary people of any age gathering scientific information locally and sharing it with the global scientific community. Citizen Science is perfect for all ages and great for family activities!
- 4-piece Life Cycle of a Butterfly Learning Toy
- 9-piece Giant Magnetic Butterfly Life Cycle Set & Instructions
- 100 Plants to Feed the Monarchs Paperback Book
- The Life Cycle of a Butterfly Paperback Book
- New York Sate Butterflies & Moths Pamphlet
- Butterflies & Pollinators Pamphlet
- Milkweed Identification Sheet
- Monarch Identification Sheet
- “Milkweed Community” Identification Sheet
- 2 Magnifying Glasses
- Field Notebook
- Mini Clipboard Field
- Observation Forms (Yours to Keep)
- Laminated Kit Activity Guide
- Valid Longwood Public Library Card in good standing.
- A maximum of one kit from this collection per library card may be borrowed at a time.
- Children’s Kits are available at the Children’s Reference Desk.
- If any item is lost or damaged, the full value of the item will be charged to the patron account.