For this project, observe trees to understand changes in biomass and effects on the carbon cycle. Then, use your mobile devices to measure tree heights and report tree circumference.
Citizen Science is ordinary people of any age gathering scientific information locally and sharing it with the global scientific community. Citizen Science is perfect for all ages and great for family activities!
- Folding Yard Stick
- Hand-crank Measuring Tape
- Dendrochronology Tree Ring Dating Kit, Includes:
- 4 Artificial Tree Cores
- Teacher’s Guide
- 2 Worksheets
- The Life Cycle of a Tree Paperback Book
- What Tree Is That Paperback Book
- Trees: A Folding Pocket Guide to Familiar North American Plants
- Laminated Kit Activity Guide
- Valid Longwood Public Library Card in good standing.
- A maximum of one kit from this collection per library card may be borrowed at a time.
- Children’s Kits are available at the Children’s Reference Desk.
- If any item is lost or damaged, the full value of the item will be charged to the patron account.